vacation time in the city
January 4, 2011 § Leave a comment
I took a bit of a vacation from the blog world. I needed extra time with friends and family. Not to mention, I just needed alone time to read, watch mindless tv or nap. The past few weeks have been a blessing to get a break, but at the same time it was a reflection time for me. I spent nights making sure I know what I want in life, what I stand for and whether I am on the right path to being this person. My goals and resolutions for the new year are going to be difficult but rewarding. My goals are all in the mindset of becoming a better person on the inside which will be seen on the outside. I liked this theme; I am ready for these challenges. I thought I would share them with you.
1. Quit Smoking. I know, it is bad for you. It is really bad for me. I have quit once before for over 2 years. I can quit again. It will be hard, but the Mister is willing to give me a lot of crap to help me quit. Not to mention that I am making my friends that smoke aware of this so they can not smoke around me for a little bit.
2. Quit drinking sodas. Sodas aren’t awful for you, but they certainly aren’t good for you. I eat pretty healthy now; so I figured why don’t I drink healthy also. My morning breakfast is plain yogurt, a spoonful of honey and granola with a Mountain Dew. Truthfully, it is hard for me to form sentences without this caffeine filled can in the morning. This will be hard to quit while also quitting smoking.
3. Avoid Fast food. While I am on this health kick because frankly, I could be healthier, I figure fast food needs to be avoided. About twice a week I get lazy, typically on the weekends and order fast food for myself and the Mister. I miss cooking. I love cooking. Laziness has taken over me this break. (I need to work on that as well.) However, I know it is completely silly of me to think I can cut fast food all together, but I think a limit to once a month is good. Not only will this help me enhance my culinary skills, but my pocketbook and waistline will be happy.
4. Attend Mass EVERY Sunday. I have these goals to stimulate a healthy lifestyle, but I do feel that I need to be looking at my spiritual health as well. After church I always feel better, calmer and more level-headed. I hate to admit this, but I do have a short fuse. It is not something I am proud of by any means. I feel like getting my spirit back on track will help me in so many areas. Whether it’s my relationships with others including co-workers, the Mister or friends, or just the relationship with myself and my Lord. I have been given a lot of second chances. Now I am at the age were I understand the importance of these second chances.
5. Be calm and positive. Like I said above, I have a short fuse. This can cause me to become really negative, depressed and angry at individuals around me. I am finally coming to terms with dealing with my built up anger and resentment. The funny thing is that I have no idea where it comes from nor is it directed towards anyone. I need to be healthy on the inside and out.
I am ready for these changes. I have thought long and hard about the goals I am setting for myself. I have spoken to friends and the Mister about each of the goals. Majority of the people in my life are supportive of me and the life I want to lead. I plan to keep up with these goals and blog about them (hopefully these will be better than my 4 goals from earlier this year). I know there will be days that I struggle, so I will rant. Just be there for me and help me past those dark days.